“Medi-facials are specific facials in which advanced technology, researched protocols, and science-based ingredients are used,” says Dr. Batul Patel, medical director and dermatologist, The Bombay Skin Clinic
Aesthetic medi-facials help to improve the skin tone, texture, and collagen production and, thus, slow down the ageing process explains Dr. “The medi-facials are a mixture of technology, like advanced lasers, light devices, exfoliation technology like the water jet, and hydradermabrasion, which helps to remove dead skin cells and speed up the cellular turnover. The results are also more appreciable and long-lasting when followed with a good skincare plan. The generic facials offered in salons are generally followed by steam and bleach, and use of products which are milder and more pampering. They, unfortunately, are not effective in treating specific conditions of the skin.”
Your parlour wali aunty could be actually doing you more harm than good. The creams they use can cause harsh exfoliation of the skin, which can damage the skin barrier system. The creams massaged onto the skin can also cause blockage of pores and result in active breakouts. The regular salon facials gives only temporary results and generally last for a few days. Always research the products they use on your skin and do a patch test to see if you’re sensitive to any ingredients.
If you’re looking to target specific skin concerns, have a big day coming up--like your wedding--then go for medical facials. Medi-facials have minimal downtime and also do not have any side effects. They tend to improve the skin tone and texture, and immediately give a brighter-looking skin which keeps looking better, and also improves skin conditions like acne, acne marks, fine lines, and pigmentation.
Some popular treatments that fall under medi-facials are:
- Water jet technology exfoliation: This uses high pressure air and water to exfoliate the skin, and simultaneously infuse skin solution to improve your skin’s hydration.
- Hydradermabrasion: It is a crystal-free exfoliation to remove dead skin cells, and simultaneously infuse and bathe the skin gently in water. It helps to cleanse the skin without causing excessive dryness.
- Laser facials: The popular Q-switched laser facials are very advanced, and help to improve the skin tone texture and brightness. They also help to stimulate the collagen, and help in pore reduction and reduce the pigmentation without any downtime or side effects. They have to be performed by a trained therapist and under the supervision of a dermatologist.
- Stem cell facials: The stem cell facials are treatments done to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and also to improve the clarity of the skin. The stem cell facial uses the patient's own blood to separate out platelet-rich growth factors. These are applied on the face or injected into the skin to allow collagen stimulation. They show long-lasting results.
- Rejuvenates the dead, dull & dehydrated skin in deep with vitamins for a fresh glow
- Reduces rosacea, acne, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation
- Facial and décolleté cleansing and revitalizing
- Fades stretch marks, freckles, blotchy skin
- Needle-free deep skin treatment
- Painless and stress-relieving
- No down time
- Zero skin print
- Short and pleasant
- No side effects
Immediately after receiving a medical-facial, your skin radiates a healthy glow. Skin takes about 2 or 3 days to feel totally hydrated, juvenile and healthy as circulation moves on to improve. Cells Regenerate takes place in 30-45 days and the long-term advantages of a medical facial and proper cosmetic care is accomplished.