Ear Lobe Repair
The ear lobe is an important part of the facial structure of a person. It is significant due to the practice of ear piercing and wearing earrings in many parts of the world. An ear lobe contains fat and skin. Unlike the other part of the ear, this part of the skin does not have any thick cartilage.
This makes it easy to perforate the occurrence of the ear lobe. Due to ear piercing and wearing jewellery, piercing of the ear lobe will add to the possibility of rupture of the ear lobe. In some cases, tearing of the ear lobe heals after some time and may require medical attention. In most cases, ear lobe repair is needed due to damage caused by wearing heavy earrings or any other heavy jewellery.
EarLobe repair at Delhi Skin Hospital is an effective way to get your earlobe repaired and restore its previous appearance.
Earlobe repair can be classified as:
- Incomplete cleft – This type of cleft is bilateral and is often found in elderly women who have been wearing earrings for a long time.
- Full cleft – This type of cleft is usually unilateral and is caused by direct trauma on the skin like sudden force or pulling of earrings.
Given below is another way for classification of earlobe repair:
- The cleft extension does not extend any farther than half the distance between the initial orifice and the bottom border of the ear lobe.
- The split extends beyond half the distance between the initial orifice and the lower ear lobe border, becoming a full deficiency.
Given below are some questions you should ask while opting for Ear Lobe Repair in Sirsa, Haryana:
- Are you a suitable candidate for this treatment?
- What will be expected to get the best outcomes?
- Where and how are you going to carry out the procedure?
- Do you have authorization to carry out this surgery at the hospital? If so, which medical facilities?
- How much time will it take to recover?
- What kind of support would be required for healing?
- What dangers and side effects are connected to this surgery?
- How are the complexities going to be resolved?
- Do you have any patients' before and after pictures?
Since the earlobe repair surgery involves cartilage and bone tissues, extensive testing is not needed before the surgery. Once a patient is admitted to the hospital for treatment, the surgeon will ask you to go through routine lab tests to ensure the optimal health of the patient. These tests include:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): This test is used to record and analyse the electrical activity of the patient’s heart and look for any signs of arrhythmias or dysrhythmias.
- Urinalysis: This test is used for diagnosing the presence of any bladder or kidney infection. It is also used to detect any presence of drugs that can cause interference with the earlobe repair treatment.
WBC (White Blood Cell) Count: This test is used to look for infection or fever. If the count of WBC is higher in the body, it means the body is under an infection, and surgery can be postponed.
- The ears are an important part of the face and are visible to everyone. Any defect on the ears is immediately noticeable by people. Enlarged ear holes can look aesthetically unpleasant to some people.
- Earlobe repair is a daycare operation, and you don't need to stay. The entire treatment takes around an hour.
- It is a straightforward, quick, and painless approach to permanently repair the earlobe.
- You can get your ears pierced again.
Given below are some steps you can follow to prevent ear lobes from enlarging.
- Wear lighter earrings for your routine wear.
- Avoid wearing Danglers or ornaments that tend to pull down the ear lobe as they move
- Earrings that contain a thin central staff have a tendency to cut through the skin.
As already discussed, an earl is made of cartilage that is covered by skin on both sides. An ear is a complicated structure and has its own 3D orientation. On the other hand, an earlobe is soft and does not have any cartilage support.
The surgery is performed as a daycare procedure at our Delhi Skin Hospital.
- At first, the doctor does the skin marking to show you the final scar line.
- On the procedure chair, the doctor cleans the ear and it is infiltrated with a local anaesthetic to prevent any pain during the earlobe procedure.
- The extra skin on the inside edge of the larger or split ear opening is carefully removed while the natural contour of the ear is preserved.
- The skin present on the front and back side of the earlobe is approximated with small and fine sutures or skin glue.
- At last, the doctor places a small dressing, and you can come back home.
Before the start of the ear lobe procedure, the doctor and his/her team will provide you with detailed instructions to prepare for the surgery. Some of the common instructions include:
- Get a thorough medical evaluation and carry the reports with you.
- Provide a list of any medicines and supplements that the patient is taking so that the surgeon can make adjustments to guarantee that these medications do not interfere with the patient's recovery.
- Stop smoking, as it can interfere with healing, and abstain from alcohol for at least one day before surgery.
- Don't take any blood thinners or other recreational drugs.
- Request someone to join you on the day of surgery.
- Wear loose garments that are easy to remove.
- Eat a light meal and drink plenty of water. Fasting is only necessary for 2 hours prior to the treatment.
Book your appointment today and get the best treatment for Earlobe Repair in Sirsa, Haryana.